These littles balls of nutrition are packed with nuts, seeds, fruit, and protein power (optional) making them an ideal quick-grab option for breakfast or a snack throughout the day. I always have a couple in my locker so I have something quick to eat inbetween clients. They are super tasty too!
You can modify the ingredients to use whatever nuts/fruit you prefer.
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 5 dried figs
- tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup protein power (of your choice, i used chocolate flavour soy proptein)
- tbsp alomond butter
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts and seeds inder the grill
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed and at the consistency you desire, I like mine quite smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix untill the consistency is like cookie dough. Soft but possible to handle.
- Roll mixture out into balls and place in the fridge to firm. I wrapped mine individually in tin foil so they are ready to take out the fridge and take to work.